Kidpreneurship Extracurricular Program
(for Primary and Junior High Schools)
The concept of kidpreneurship (Kids in entrepreneurship) is gaining grounds in the more developed nations and being taught widely in schools.
We have created our “Kidpreneurship Extracurricular Program for Schools” to help kids develop entrepreneurial ideas and to provide steps to take in the entrepreneurial journey.
You want the best for your students (kids). And right now that means mastering reading, writing, arithmetic and other fundamental skills. But there’s a skill that can have a tremendous positive influence on your child’s life that is rarely taught at school or in the home: Entrepreneurship.
We invite you to keep reading to discover how your child can learn entrepreneurship in a fun, friendly and effective way!
You’ve heard the saying, “It’s never too late.” We say, “It’s never too early!” Even children can be introduced to basic business principles and the rewards of entrepreneurship. Our goal with Kidpreneurship is to introduce kids to the concept of entrepreneurship, leadership and good citizenship. Through easy-to-understand basic principles and a creative approach, we will outline some basic tools and strategies kids can use to gain some valuable experience in starting, managing, and growing a successful business venture in a fun, friendly and effective way!
Using kid-friendly design and illustration, we break down some of the major points of entrepreneurship, so your child can have fun as he or she learns. Also, your child will enhance his or her decision-making skills by trying out simple businesses as he or she grows up.
Whether or not your child grows up to be an entrepreneur, these activities can help them think about what they want to do when they get older, which is really an exercise in pretend play (a highly prized activity amongst developmental experts).
Kidpreneurship exists to spark an entrepreneurial and leadership spirit in the next generation, equipping and empowering them with the confidence, resilience, creativity and critical thinking to thrive in their future careers.
Our programs will help primary school students, working in teams; build their own micro-business, which can be used for social good. Kids learn the key steps of business from ideation to commercialization and then donate their profits to charity and school.
The interactive, experiential learning allows kids to stretch their creativity, get comfortable with risk and failure, and build resilience and confidence.
The program is mapped to National Curriculum outcomes across multiple subject areas including Maths, English, Science and Arts.
- Science & Technologies (design thinking, research)
- English / Literacy (communicating with different audiences)
- Mathematics / Numeracy (financial maths)
- Civics and Citizenship (business for social impact)
- Economics and Business (business understanding)
Kidpreneurship is a two year extracurricular Program developed for all students in upper primary (Age 9 to 12). For now we teach our kids to be doctors, teachers, engineers and the likes but what about introducing them to entrepreneurship and empowering them to be future creators and innovators.
Our delivery options for Schools include;
- Main School Sessions – where schools will integrate our program into their usual school time table (highly recommended)
- Saturday School – the program will run on Saturdays
- Vacation School – program run during vacation (three sessions a week)
- After School class – program run as an after school program
We also run private tuition for students as well.
This program will help schools in the following ways:
- Increased achievement and accelerated rates of progress due to our engaging content by reinforcing academics as part of entrepreneurial development.
- Improved behavior as a result of engaging group activities within the school community.
- Increased attainment year-on-year seen in improved exam and test results. We support the objectives of the national curriculum through our program.
- Improved attendance rates. We aim to make school more ‘interesting and relevant’ to students and parents by reinforcing ‘real world’ applications of core academics through entrepreneurship.
Our program is designed to be very light, fun and full of activities. Kids will not be required to produce on paper what have been taught in an exam as most will do but will be accessed based on how active they participate in class activities, how well they grasp the concept through our fun activities and various project works.
Our Instructors / teachers
Our Instructors (members of the Kidpreneurs Ghana team) are highly motivated and trained degree holders with quality entrepreneurial experience.
Our cost is highly subsidized to allow all Ghanaian schools to partake in such great initiative.
Transforming education in Africa by integrating practical entrepreneurial leadership training into the core fiber of our educational system
We love to hear from you
Box 459, Madina, Accra
0244 68 08 23 / 0277 77 71 55